It’s a new year. As I think back to resolutions that I made last year, I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for the fact that my salvation doesn’t depend on my rate of success in fulfilling them. God’s grace has amazed me over and over in 2011. Though I have failed Him over and over, He hasn’t let me go.
One year ago, I was already pursuing graduate school, but truly had no idea what was in store. Although I did complete my application and did the research, I feel like God took me by the hand and led me through the dark. Now, I look back on the semester and see a little of why God took me to where He did. And I can only offer praise to Him. Some blessings in being at seminary are as follows:
– constantly hearing the Bible explained
– seeing God’s work in the hearts of others
– being challenged to share the gospel
– having time to read excellent books
– living real life with sisters and brothers in Christ
– building life-long edifying relationships
– growing in appreciation of God’s Word
– seeing myself as wretched and Jesus as wonderful
In four weeks, my second semester will begin, and I am completely excited about delving deep into my studies. My time at seminary will be short, and thus it is my desire to make the most of it.
As I consider resolutions for 2012, I can only think of one.
In all of my activities, I will seek to be reigned by the pursuit of knowing Christ and making Christ known.
The specifics will not, at the moment, be revealed on my blog. As the year progresses, I hope to contemplate ways in which the above resolution affects my daily life.